Tuesday 17 May 2011

Finishing up with house stuff

We moved exactly a month ago and although everything was pretty much sorted quite quickly I have now *officially* finished getting things sorted out.  I've been sleeping in a single bed which was fine, but being a grown up I quite like having the sprawl of a double.  And when the kids get in with me in the mornings it's easier to have a group cuddle in a big bed.

Today I picked up a bargain double bed and mattress, all taken apart for me by the chap selling it.  I managed to get it all into the car all out again although the mattress was a bit of a struggle.  Even I was surprised that it only took an hour to take apart the single bed, get that all upstairs into the attic room and put together again and made up as a *day bed* in the rooms the kids use as an extra play-room.

Then it was onto the double - again, pretty fast to get it put together and then came the task of heaving the heavy double mattress up-stairs.  I hate asking for help if I think I can manage something alone, so I pulled and heaved and got the thing up the stairs.  So all is done!  Marvellous.

My next big task is to sort my calendar of upcoming events, try and make a proper schedule of when I shall do what as my head has really not been in proper dance practice/research/sewing/Etsying/promoting and pimping mode for the last month, but now that I've done a few physical tasks today and made some phone-calls that were required my head-space has returned.

Three custom orders require my attention, there are more items to get listed on Etsy and the Blackwillow Tribal website and I've got to get everything ready for the Mira Betz hafla I'm going to this saturday.

OH!  And I keep forgetting, it's my daughter's 7th birthday this Sunday.  I'm such a bad mother!  I really do need to remember that I have party prep to do, cakes to make, pressies to buy and myriad other things to sort out in town this week.

Best of all though?  I'm loving it.  Loving living here, loving being unencumbered by negative emotions, loving life and feeling happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think. No, really I would......