Wednesday 16 February 2011

Busy busy busy

There's a lot going on here at Blackwillow Towers at the moment.

In my home-life things continue as they should with small children, although I wasn't banking on two footballs, a childs plastic chair, a toy shopping trolley and a plastic truck getting thrown over the fence and into the river (ok, it's a canal but it's more romantic to call it the river) this afternoon by my 2 and a half year old son when I let him and his sister and her friend from school out into the garden this afternoon.  I couldn't deal with all of the shouting anymore so out they went.  Then the shouting continued because of his primal need to throw things in the river.  By the time I got into the garden it was too late to save anything.

He didn't appreciate being brought back into the house, but at least there's not much more he can throw into the river.  Unless I count the big gorilla buckets full of toys.  And the gardening utensils and...ok, there's still a lot that could go in.....

Dance news...the troupe I dance with, Covert Bling, have been asked to take part in two events in aid of Women's Week here in Reading.  Both are very exciting for us and I'll be able to post more details when I know more.

We've also got performances coming up soon outside of Reading, and as usual we are working hard to get everything ready for our next Hipnotic night.

In my own classes I have three new members who are staying for both classes, which is excellent.  Although it's hard to integrate new people into existing and long running classes it's a challenge that I enjoy.  If you're interested you can read more about that here.

Personally, I am working on two new pieces but not as much as I should if I'm honest.  My focus for next week is to get working on one of them with more attention.

And on the making things front there's just not enough time in the day.  Got a couple more things made and photographed tonight but I also have to eat and at some point tonight I'll need to go to bed.   In fact.....goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think. No, really I would......