Friday 13 July 2012

To have an art room.....of my own??

When I first moved into this house 15 months ago one of my friends saw the attic bedroom (the third bedroom) and said, "Ohhh, you should make that room your workroom.  You could go up there and work away to your hearts content...."

I took no notice of her words and filled the under-stairs cupboard in the living room with my...well.....everything....fabrics, trims, threads, paints, papers, canvases, jewellery findings and stashes of broken jewellery and stones and ..... well just everything is shoe-horned into one (big) cupboard.  So when I make stuff I sit on the sofa and I surround myself with stuff and I make.  And when it's time to go to bed I put it all away until the next time I can get it all out.

But if I were to have a dedicated room I could leave it out until I was able to return.  I think what stops me is that I've made the attic room into a spare bedroom and some of the kids toys are up there and sometimes they play up there. Plus, even when my daughter is at school my son is still around until he goes to nursery in the afternoons and we are out most morning and.....and.....

Ooooh, just think though......if I put all of my art stuff up there I could play to my hearts content when he was at nursery and leave it all out and go back to it when they were in bed and just have a space to play and be me..........I think I need a place to play and be me........

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think. No, really I would......