Saturday 6 October 2012

WIP (Works In Progress)

So here's some little glimpses of what's going on here - as much as I would love to take pics of my WIP in a proper workshop setting what you've got is items placed on my knee with the lights on cos it's 10.30pm at night....


An assemblage piece that needs some patina action to pull the metal together (that might be a theme throughout if I'm honest...)


I'm kind of liking the idea of little pouches made of fabric that you could put something small and precious into - or that I could put something small and precious into for you to find.... I'll think about this some more....  Do you see that mini tote pole?  It's gone all verdigris......I wasn't expecting that, two weeks ago it was just black but it's obviously been rotting away whilst I wasn't looking....


I love this one, I think the upside-down crescent is doing something to my brain cos it makes me think of Herne the Hunter....even though it's kind of nothing to do with the woods and the hunt and any of that kind of stuff....


Here's another one of those pouches - this one is almost done but still needs patina action and some lovin' to finish it off...


A close up of some of the battered bits......


Here's another likkle pouch - there's a fair old mixture of dangles here including raw kyanite teeth, a bit of kuchi, an oyster shard and some Indian bling......


Some earrings that looked a bit different before I removed some stuff, bashed them with a hammer and then added new things.....


Here's a mish-mash - you see that piece with the blue lapis in the centre?  I bashed it too hard and have had to take it apart cos it had a scratchy bit - it's in a tin at the moment, asking for me to sort it out but it'll have to be patient, I can't do everything all at once.

And i you're not impressed enough with what I've been doing then spare a thought cos tonight I taught belly dance for an hour at a pub - and this afternoon i watched an old film and cried like a baby when Frank Sinatra and Spencer Tracey got blown up by a big old volcano.  I love those old films....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think. No, really I would......