Tuesday 8 January 2013

Happy New Year

Wow, I'm shocked.  Almost a month since I last blogged, how very remiss of me.  No matter, as the children are both back at school today I've been able to get myself together and get a couple of things done. Headers mostly....blog header, website headers, Facebook headers and Etsy header have all been re-done.

I wrestled with Pixlr for a while last night before giving up but this morning sense and creativity returned long enough for me to get them all done and loaded.

And despite the children being off school I managed to have  little play around with an idea that's been floating around in my mind.  Tiny books, decorated with hand-dyed silk, lace, vintage beads and this and that and place on a chain to be worn as a necklace.


They have vellum paper inside that I sealed in case the item got worn in the rain, but I'm going to play around with resin coated paper next time I think.....


These books don't open but I'm going to make some that do......



I have a couple more to make into necklaces or to use as charms on other assemblage jewelry pieces.....






I'll definitely be making more of these as they're very cute.


1 comment:

  1. Those are goreous :)
    Great job!
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. No, really I would......